MK-677 (Ibutamoren, MK-0677, L-163,191) is an orally administered growth hormone secretagogue. A secretagogue is a substance that promotes secretion.By this standard, MK-677 can be compared to peptides such as GHRP-6 or Ipamorelin. The main advantage is that it can be administered orally and does not require injections nor does it have the side effects that GHRP-6 does. MK-677 was developed with the intention of combating conditions such as muscle atrophy, osteoporosis and obesity.
MK-677 was shown to increase IGF-1 levels by between 39-89% in several studies. Here are some IGF-1 benefits:
- Increased Fat Oxidation (fat loss).
- Increased Muscle gains (lean mass).
- Tightening up loose skin.
- Healing old injuries.
- Healing Bones, Tendons and Ligaments
Given the fact that is does not compete with GH levels from exogenously administered HGH, it can be used in high cycles.It is important to note that Growth hormone pulse intensity can be increased through 4 possible mechanisms and MK-677 works through all four.
- It increases GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone) release.
- It amplifies GHRH signaling.
- It reduces somatostatin release which is desirable because somatostatin turns off GH release.
- It inhibits somatostatin receptor signaling.
MK-677 has been associated with improved sleep, better complexion, increased strength and energy, increased nitrogen retention and a better sense of well-being. Some studies showed that MK-677 boosts immune system response. MK-677 has a half-life of 24 hours.
*Everything in this description is publicly available and is intended for informational purposes only. For more detailed information, please conduct your own research and consult with experts in the field.